Discovering the outdoors is thirsty work and it's great to have an ample supply of water but not the weight........we've found the ideal solution in the:
Grayl Water Filtration Cup
Simple, effective water filtration for most outdoor water sources. The Quest (w/TRAIL Filter) is easy to use and produces clean, fresh tasting water in 15 seconds. Designed to protect against waterborne bacteria and protozoan cysts; the trail filter is perfect for hiking, camping, kayaking, canoeing, and fly fishing or at Home.
System includes: outer cup, inner cup (press), flip-lock lid, and TRAIL Filter.
• Fresh Tasting Water: Activated carbon core improves taste & eliminates odor.
• Bacteria & Protozoa Protection: Removes 99.99% of bacteria (e.g. E. coli, Salmonella) and 99.94% of protozoan cysts (e.g. Giardia, Cryptosporidium). Filters many chemicals (e.g. chlorine, iodine) and heavy metals (e.g. lead, arsenic) that affect health, flavor and odor.
• Press Time: Makes fresh water in 15 seconds.
• Flip-Lock Lid: Guzzle with (or without) a lid; seal cup closed when on the go.
• Versatility: Compatible with all GRAYL interchangeable filters and purifiers.
Dishwasher Safe: Outer cup, inner press/cup, and lid are top rack dishwasher safe.
• Improves taste & smell: Yes
• Effective against chemicals/toxins: Yes
• Effective against bacteria: 99.99%
• Effective against protozoan cysts: 99.94%
• Effective against viruses: No
• Effective against particulates: Yes
• Chemical free: Yes
• Liquid capacity: 16 oz (473 ml)
• Weight: 16 oz (453 g)
• Size: 9.1" (23 cm) H x 3" (7.62 cm) W
• Materials: 18/8 Stainless Steel, food-grade silicone, BPA-free plastic
• Filter media: Patented triple-charged mesh traps disease-causing germs while allowing water to flow quickly. Activated natural carbon (made from coconut shells) attracts and traps many heavy metals and industrial chemicals. An integrated anti-microbial agent suppresses the growth of mold, mildew and bacteria, keeping GRAYL fresh between uses.
• Press time: 15 seconds per 16 oz (473 ml)
• Flow rate: 2 liters/minute
• Filter lifespan: 300 uses (40 gal / 150 l)
Tested according to NSF standards: 42 + 53 Water has shaped our landscapes and every civilization. Today, far too many people do not have access to safe drinking water, and those of us that do rarely have truly clean drinking water. Sadly, serious contaminants such as fracking chemicals, pharmaceuticals and even E. coli contamination are turning up in our "potable" water.
A GRAYL® headquarters in rainy Seattle, our comparatively clean and abundant water still contains added chlorine, trace amounts of arsenic and lead. We have dared to imagine that it should be possible to avoid both immediate and cumulative water hazards, and we've now made that simple to achieve.
GRAYL makes water treatment for every occasion, whether that be at the tap, on the trail, or when facing the rigors of international travel. Our interchangeable filter system provides the amount and kind of filtration your lifestyle and location demands.
The journey to change the way people drink water, and the quality of that water, has been an epic adventure to reimagine something most of us take for granted. GRAYL transforms personal water filtration into something that finally works; a fun easy-to-use personal filtration cup that makes safe, clean drinking water wherever you go.
Founded in 2012, GRAYL® was inspired by CEO and Founder Nancie Weston's concerns about plastic pollution and the poor quality and taste of water she experienced while traveling. The Seattle based company is distributed internationally and is committed to making practical and durable filtration and purification.